June 15, 2013

2013-06 Meetup at city carnival in Pilsen

The Pilsen lolita fashion community set up a meetup at the city's carnival fair. It was just two hours of travel away so I joined in! The carnival happened on the main square of the city with Cathedral of St. Bartolomeus.of the photos.





My journey started while it was still chilly, I opted for a warmer outfit and  removed layers as it got hotter. I didn't want to risk any brand in the crowds equipped by lemonade cups and cotton candy, so I pulled out my replica of Milky Planet.





Dress: Dream of Lolita
Bolero: Bodyline         
OTKs: Metamorphose 
Shoes: Bodyline           



People in masks walked between the public, and there were stands with goods, a lot of food and drink stands, and activities for children. The sun was mercilessly hot though and I was so very glad I carry a parasol on regular basis!



When the temperature went above 30C, I gave up on the OTKs and created my probably most cringeworthy outfit ever with socks and spare bulky cotton wristcuffs. Ouch. Although it was likely my worst outfit ever, the last photo was still the best moment of the whole festival. I was so happy to come across someone in costume of Geralt from Rivia, a hero from fantasy book serie Wiedzmin (Witcher) by polish author Sapkowski! =^.^=

No comments:

Post a Comment